Chris informed me last night that he had started a little project for me and the kids. I was a little skeptical at first. My first thoughts were how can I possibly add anything else to my plate with these two energetic kids and trying to get them fed, napped and entertained all while trying to maintain the cleanliness of this house.
If you don't know Chris, he travels a lot. Three days out of every week it seems. This leaves me to do a lot of the kid stuff alone. He works hard and secretly loves it. His work ethic allows me to stay home and raise our children, Reese 3yrs old and Beckett almost 8 months, the way I want to raise them. This is important to me. Although, there are many days that I would give anything to head into the office.
His project, you ask? I woke up this morning to find many sealed envelopes stacked up on the kitchen counter. The note on the first envelope read:
*Each day pick 1 envelope
*You must do the task on the inside
*You must bring your camera to all the places to take pictures of your adventures
Bring my camera... Adventures... Well, this rules out envelopes holding "do laundry" or "clean the bathrooms" as possible tasks. Phew.
I get the kids dressed and fed and let Reese pick and open the first of many adventure-filled envelopes. She is excited, thinking adventures!! Will we run into Swiper the fox? Will we need to rescue baby jaguar? Her reference to adventures is limited to Dora and Diego.
So here we go... the envelope reads..... "Take kids to Gurnee Library"
Hmmm. The Library? Reese is a little disappointed, to be honest with you so am I. I was hoping for something a little less quiet and a little more outside. But we will do as instructed. After all, we haven't been to the library in a while and I have been trying to get Reese to find her love of reading again. Ok, I am getting excited.
Let's GO!
Cute idea, Chris! Have fun at the library today!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea!!! Can't wait to see pictures as you experience these adventures!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thing for Chris to think of. I can't wait to see photos - and find out what your next adventure will be! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteMom
I love this idea. And I love that Christ came up with it. And I love you!
ReplyDelete