Wednesday, July 21, 2010

$39.43

What a fun and exhausting day. We headed to Gurnee Mills mall, with really only one purchase in mind to help us reach our $39.43 budget... Jibbitz. (In case you are unfamiliar, they are the little doo-dads you put on your Crocs)

By the time we got to the mall it was lunchtime so we spent our first several dollars at "Subway - Eat Fresh," as Reese says. A kids meal, a 6", a diet coke, and two cookies set us back $11.18



Then we headed to the Carousel, which must have been an old retired Gravitron before the conversion into a carousel. The $2 ride sent us spinning, Beckett and I slightly terrified.

We then set out for a little something for me from Archiver's. After all, I did have a coupon. It would have been simply foolish not to use it. Adding $8.15



As we continued our quest for the Jibbitz. We ran into our neighbor, Sam, who babysits for us and whom Reese just adores. (me too) It was so nice, and strange, to see a familiar face in a place where we don't know many people. Sam wound up being a great asset as she accompanied us, first, to the Disney Store, where Reese picked out a little Belle doll and Becks got a little Micky Mouse soccer ball. Bringing our Disney total to $6.43. Good deal.

Are you keeping track??

Next, I asked Sam if she would make the ultimate sacrifice to assist in our cause and join Reese and I for an ice cream cone. She gladly took one for the team in the way of Black Cherry, Reese - Mint Chocolate Chip and myself - Mocha Almond Fudge. A delicious $7.13 well spent!! Beckett was watching, not very fond of our ice cream merriment.

At this point we were running out of money and I knew when we started that this would be the point when it would get challenging. We headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond... who can't find something they need/want at BB&B?? Well, for the first time EVER, us. We looked and looked and the trend was $4.99. It seemed that everything was $4.99. Any of these items would have been a fine purchase if I had just brought my (35+) 20% off coupons. But without them we would have certainly been over budget. When a few little puzzles had almost been decided on, a $3.29 Littlest Pet Shop Frog, was chosen. "Did you say $3.54?" I asked the cashier. Indeed, $3.54 was the total with tax. This was my ideal situation. The hope I had when I walked into the mall, and spotted the gumball machines, was to be left with a small amount of money that was evenly divided by quarters. I knew exactly what to do with 4 quarters.

Sam, Reese and I enjoyed a few cranks on the ol' gumball machines and spent a total of $39.43, "no more, no less"

Lunch at Subway - $11.18
Carousel Ride - $2
Scrapbooking supplies - $8.15
Disney Store - $6.43
3 Frozen Treats - $7.13
LPS Frog at BB&B - $3.54
Another day of Igou Family Fun - Priceless.

We never did find the Jibbitz, in case you were wondering.

2 comments: