Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And So It Continues...

We have been pretty busy since the last envelope. We have been having a lot of fun enjoying the summer. But, now, let's get back to it!

Yesterday we opened a doosey. Reese was so excited to open another envelope, but when she realized they weren't all going to be thrilling, she lost a little bit of her enthusiasm for this game.
The note read:

"Get a babysitter for 5 hours ... and clean house." (Wha-whaaaa.)




I was had mixed emotions about this one. I was looking forward to doing something fun, but I often think to myself " I would get so much done around here if I just had a few hours without the kids." Reese on the other hand had different thoughts. As I went to grab the camera she said, " I am just going to stay here and be disappointed for a while."

Well, unfortunately (and maybe a little fortunately) I could not get a baby sitter on such late notice. So I am going to schedule one for later this week and have a make up day.




Today's envelope has quite the opposite effect on us. Today is super fun. Although, preparing me and herself, Reese tells me just prior to picking the envelope, "now it could be a dud."
But a dud it was not.

"Go to the pool - OR - If it is raining: Go to the mall, take $39.43... spend exactly this amount. No more, no less."

HOORAY!!!! I say again, HOORAY!!! It is not raining at the present moment, however it in the 70's and gloomy looking. So, I think we have quite a challenging, and fun, task on our hands.

We'd better get to it!!

1 comment:

  1. This one made me well up a little (maybe it's the "disappointed for awhile" bit - awwwe. I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete