Reese, Beckett and I had such a great time at the Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview. And I am not so sure we would have had as much fun if one morning I woke up and decided that is where we were going to go that day. This envelope game might be just as much, if not more, fun than it is for Reese.
I am sure we did everything there was to do at the museum and had a blast getting to it all. much has changed since we were there last, which was just a few months ago. We usually go in the winter, as it provides some relief for the victims of cabin fever, so we have never been able to enjoy any of the outdoor activities. I am not sure but it all look brand new. And it was such a beautiful day to experience it all.
Reese typically locks herself in the "doll daycare" and refuses to have fun anywhere else, but yesterday she would do any and everything to do in one area and then would say "TIME TO MOVE ON!!" I was so funny. We went grocery shopping at Dominick's, played in the car center, got soaked in Water Works, got creative in the Art Center, and explored in the seemingly new Camp Grounds.
One of the best parts about this museum, is that at most sections for kids Reese's age and older there is a small enclosed baby area with different textile objects, peg boards, block and, Beckett's favorite, mirrors. He is so funny when making faces at himself and then laughing about it.
My favorite part was returning to the face painting table hours I after I had painted Reese's face so that she could paint mine!! I loved it. It was so sweet.
The kids were so worn out they fell asleep within minutes after getting in the car. When we got home I checked the mail and sat in the driveway and read it all while the kids got another 30 minutes sleep.
If you have never been to the Kohl Children's Museum, or if you haven't been there in a while, it is definitely somewhere to experience with your kids. And please, before you leave, let them paint your face.
We did not open an envelope this morning and will not tomorrow morning. I had to get some laundry done today if anyone wanted clean undies and we are headed to the city tonight to have a little sleepover with Aunt Tracy and Parker and spending a day in the city tomorrow. This is not against the rules. If we had plans for a certain day then we were not to open an envelope. Spending the day in our old stomping grounds is an adventure in itself.
My neighbor, Danielle, made a good point this morning when we met at the park. "If you are doing an envelope everyday, you are going to be exhausted," she said. That got me thinking... this might very well be Chris' motivation for doing all of this. Chris is out and about all week and all he wants to do is stay home for a day or two, and I am at home with the kids all week and all I want is to get out and do something. When the weekend finally gets here and Chris is home for the whole day, I am begging him for us all to do something, anything as long as we aren't in the house. I believe he may very well want me to be so tired of going out that all I want to do is stay home.
Stay tuned we will be opening another envelope Monday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment